You are headed for a party and you just discovered that you have the wrong nail paint on. Have you ever come across a situation like this? Yes, this is quite a stressful situation. Well-painted nails add a lot of oomph to your appearance. But, when you are wearing a shade that does not compliment your dress or half of your nail polishes have come off and you haven’t even noticed it, the situation might cause a lot of embarrassment.
Well, we have a solution. In case you ever face an emergency where you cannot find a nail polish remover when you need it the most, the natural nail polish remover will come to your rescue. Moreover, the common nail polish removers that you purchase from the cosmetic shops have large amounts of acetone present in them. It is a chemical that is very unhealthy for your nails. The harm that is done to your nails is also due to the presence of a number of other chemicals in the nail polish remover. Read on to learn more about the natural nail polish remover.
How to Remove Nail Polish?
- Take some perfume in a cotton ball and rub it on your nails. Perfumes contain ethyl acetate. They are known to remove nail
- You can remove your old coat of nail polish by applying a fresh coat of nail polish. Apply a thick coat of nail paint on a finger and then immediately wipe off the nail color. The old coat will also come off along with the freshly applied one. This is a very quick method.
- Toothpaste, hairspray, and wet wipes are quite effective in removing nail polishes. So take them on a cotton ball and apply on your nails.
- If you can manage to find some paint thinner, then apply some on your nails with the help of cotton balls. This will remove the nail polish quite fast.
- Hot water will help you to get rid of the nail polish that you are wearing. Even though your nail polish does not come off with every hot bath you take, hot water can melt nail polish. All you have to do is heat up a bowl of water and soak your hand in it for some time. Just bear the heat for fifteen minutes and you will find your nails slowly clear off all the paint. Rub your hands in a towel and watch the paint come off on its own.
- Use vinegar and other citric fruits. Vinegar is a natural ingredient that helps to break down nail polish. Wipe off the nail paint with cotton afterward. You can also make use of fruits containing citric acid such as lemon, orange, etc and mix it with vinegar. Take a cotton ball and dip it in the mixture. Wipe your nails with the soaked cotton ball. It might take some time to remove your nail polish by this method. You might even have to scrape the nail polish off your nails. But then the mixture will clean up your nails thoroughly.
- Pick up a product that is water-based or mineral-based. Avoid using chemical-based products. The chemical solvents which are present inside the remover evaporate into the air and pollute the room. So as you breathe, you are actually breathing in polluted air. But water-based products and mineral-based products do not contain such harmful chemicals.
Some of the natural methods of removing nail polish are healthier for your nails than the popular nail polish removers. So you might as well stick to them in order to avoid damaging your nails.