Table of Contents
Are you bored of wearing the same hairstyle? If so, then this is the perfect opportunity for you to jump on to the bandwagon of layered hair! Long and layered locks are typically those which give an illusion of length and volume to otherwise mediocre-looking hair.
What’s great about this trend is that it can be styled and managed easily; it gives an air of sexiness and can be worn during the day and night. Celebrities such as Beyonce and Gisele Bundchen swear by layers in their long tresses. Finding the right cut, color, and style to match your personality and taste is of prime importance.
Long and layered hair is so versatile that it gives young women room to experiment; half-updos, casual curls, bangs, or even tendrils can be made with this kind of hairstyle. Facial cuts also play a role in determining the kind of layers which you need to get. There are certain women who don’t have the length. In this case, opting for funky extensions is advisable. If you are ready to get a hair makeover then read about the types and tips related to long layered hairstyles.
Long Layered Hairstyle Types
- Long Face Framing Layers – This is a typical Megan-Fox-look, wherein poker straight long hair falls on either side of the face. This cut can kill on-lookers only if the owner’s features are sharp and distinct.
- Long Choppy Layers – This haircut is said to be the upcoming trend of 2012. Here, several different layers are made starting from the crown of the head to about one inch away from the tip.
- Long Layers With Blunt Bangs – Famous among pop-stars like Kelly Osbourne, long hair with blunt bangs is perfect to make a chic statement when paired with colored lengthy hair. Women with big foreheads can opt for this cut as it reduces the size of the face.
- Long Layers With Sideswept Bangs – What’s more dreamy than getting a wispy fringe like your favorite TV star? Make sure that your hair is not too sparse or you might not get the best look; also, keep in mind that the bangs must hit the middle of your eyebrows for the charm to work effectively.
- Curly Long Layers – To look or not to look like Taylor Swift is the question! These types of long layers go well for women with free-flowing and luscious locks. Sexy waves/curls on longish hair are currently amongst the hottest looks this season.
- Long Layered Bobs – The cutest look of them all, long layers in bob hairstyles, have an edgy yet elegant look attached to it. A typical example would be razor cut hair, which is longer in the front than the back and smooth with an iron.
Based on Face Cuts
Typically, these faces are longer than wide. Oval-faced women with long hair must avoid shorter layers around the forehead region as this increases the length of the already elongated face!
Women with roundish faces need to create volume around the sides and top of their heads. Therefore, getting layers with medium-thick bangs is a good option. What is also advisable is to end a bulk of the layering at the chin.
Squared jawlines generally represent a short face. For such faces, it is necessary that the hairstyle is good in length and roundness. Razor cuts, with wispy medium bangs, are preferred to blunt or straight bangs. The length of the hair must exceed that of the shoulders for a softer look.
Geometric hairlines and chins are the USP of rectangular faces. This is probably the best facial cut to get short layers in long hair that aim to elongate the face and add volume. Bangs can be side swept or done away with, depending on individual preferences.
These face cuts are typically bulky in the middle and tapering towards the head and chin. A simple layer that accentuates the cheekbones is suggested for women with this face-cut. Plenty of choppy bangs would add spunk to this long layered haircut.
Adding width to the jawline should be the main aim of women with heart-shaped faces which are wide at the temples and narrow towards the chin. Long and soft layers are recommended instead of harsh and uneven locks. Several different lengths can be incorporated into wavy hair.
Styling Tips for Long Layered Haircuts
- Always make sure that the hair is free from split ends since this attracts the wrong kind of attention to every layer of your hair. Since it is hard to maintain long and beautiful hair, get a grooming session once a week that includes oiling and conditioning of the roots.
- It is not necessary to let your hair loose all the time. Trying and testing different hairstyles such as ponytails and buns can also be appealing. Colour can be implemented in the tresses according to your taste. Soft and wavy hair could use brown or red streaks whereas jagged and straight hair would look sexy with blue highlights. Platinum or gold against black would also give your hair that little edge.
- If you are using straighteners or curling irons, which you should (!), make sure that you flatten/volumize with serum so that that the hairstyle remains intact. Blow drying after washing is optional; if you are using a dryer then work your way up the hair, one layer at a time. All the time, make sure that you don’t overdo straightening and give enough time to nourishing your hair with regular oil-massages.
- Angular and choppy styles are good as long as they don’t appear as spikes. Bangs are known to cause slimming effects on the face and they need not be added all the time. You are allowed to pin up your fringe if need be.
Celebrities who endorse long and layered hairstyles are Jennifer Aniston, Shania Twain, Rihanna, Penelope Cruz, and so on. If you think that they have made style statements in the world of fashion, then so can you! Get the long and layered haircut for a gentle or glamorous look.