Are you losing your sleep because every time your comb touches your hair, a thick bunch of strands comes off? You are not alone. This is a common problem with several women. Relax. We will help you out. Hair fall can be due to many reasons.
It happens as a result of health problems as well as due to environmental factors. Improper diet often is the cause of hair fall. Excess consumption of alcohol, antibiotics, too much smoking, junk food, oily food, etc leads to hair fall.
Environmental factors such as pollution, exposure to strong sunlight may cause hair to become thin and lose its luster. For some people, it is a genetic problem. In that case, it becomes difficult to control hair fall. But most of the time it is possible to bring hair fall under control by some medical as well as homemade remedies. It is also important to make some lifestyle changes. Read on to learn more.
Make Thin Hair Thick
- A proper hair wash is necessary. This is a very basic but very important thing. You should not let dirt and pollution rest on your hair. How frequently you should wash your hair depends on several factors such as the type of hair you possess (dry, oily, or normal) and the time you spend outdoors.
- Use mild shampoo to wash your hair as they have a lesser quantity of harsh chemicals. You can go for herbal shampoo as well because they are mostly made of natural products.
- Hair conditioners are made up of chemicals and so can cause hair damage. Yogurt is a natural conditioner, sans the chemicals. It makes your hair smooth, initiates growth, and makes it shiny too. Take some yogurt and mix it with a little amount of water. Apply it properly on your hair and leave it on for some time. Then rinse off with shampoo.
- Trimming is important. If you want your hair to grow, you must trim it once in a while. Otherwise, the ends are likely to split and you will not find them growing.
- Hot oil therapy is an extremely helpful method that helps you to grow your hair. Take a spoon of jojoba oil, coconut oil, and olive oil and heat up the mixture. Massage your hair with it for 15 minutes. Make sure that the oil reaches the roots of your hair. Soak a towel in warm water. Rinse off the water from the towel and then cover your hair with the towel. Keep the towel on for 20 minutes and then shampoo your hair. Do it for some weeks and discover the difference it makes to your hair.
- Hair masks – Hair masks will nourish your hair and will help it to grow fast. You can make your own hair mask. Take 2 egg whites and mix it with a spoon of olive oil and a spoon of honey. Apply it on your hair and then a shampoo after one hour.
- Watch your diet – A healthy and balanced diet will provide your hair with all the nutrients that it needs. Your diet should consist of the right proportion of carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats. Avoid going for too much fried, oily food, and carbonated drinks as they are harmful to the hair. Going on an extreme diet that totally prohibits fats or carbohydrates is also bad for your hair.
- If you find that your hair is falling off, use a wide-toothed brush for combing your hair. Also, see that the bristles are soft.
- Don’t be too rough on your hair while combing it. Take your time and do it smoothly.
- Comb your hair before you wash it so that the dirt present in it can come off easily. Once you comb your hair, it is less likely to form tangles. So you won’t lose your hair while brushing it.
- Avoid combing wet hair immediately after you shampoo.
- Wash your hair with lukewarm water and not with water which is too hot.
- Leave your hair to dry off on its own. Using hair driers is a bad option when you are losing hair.
Hair symbolizes women’s beauty and sexuality. Take good care of your tresses and you will find men going ga ga over it!