The curly hair is very much at the moment. Curls add a classic as well as contemporary touch to your personality. Whatever be the occasion, they make you look ravishing and in vogue. Some people are blessed with natural curls while others have straight hair. But the best thing is that those with straight hair can now make their hair curly.
Though any kind of hair can be curled but curling thick hair is an intricate process. So if you are planning to get your thick hair curled don’t be worried. All you need to do is to follow some techniques and tricks which will make the curling process easy and smooth.
You can curl your hair with a straightener or a curling iron. Although, the process is a bit time-consuming the result will surely make you feel delighted. Here are a few steps which not only will help you in getting the desirable locks but also in sustaining them. So read on get ready to turn yourself into an astounding beauty.
How to Curl Thick Hair?
With a Straightener
- Flat Iron
- Hair Gel
- Hair Clips
- First of all, nicely wash as well as condition your hair so that all the dirt and oil are removed. Let it dry and then properly comb your hair to make it knot-free.
- Use a flat iron, as it is really helpful in setting thick hair.
- Now part your hair using hair clips and then apply some gel throughout your hair to make it stay that way.
- Start curling slowly and carefully from bottom to top. Always curl layer by layer as it will provide you the much-desired beautiful curls.
- Close the flat iron’s arms around your hair and ensure that it is at a distance of 2 to 3 inches from your head. Then slowly flip it at an angle of 180 degrees.
- Hold the iron at the same position and pull it down towards the end of the hair. It will form a striking curl.
- For thick hair, do not forget to use hair spray after every curl, as it will sustain curls for a longer period of time.
With a Curling Iron
- Curling Iron
- Comb or brush
- Rinse your hair properly to take out all the dirt, oil, or any other styling product like a gel that you have used before. Then to make your hair smooth, apply conditioner.
- Dry your hair completely or you can blow them dry so that curls can stay for long.
- To avoid frizzes and tangles, comb your hair nicely. If there are any tangles at the time of the curling process it can spoil your curls.
- Now top curl your hair using a barreled curling iron. For thick hair, it is excellent to use the iron with settings up to 25.
- To make it suitable for curling, heat the iron completely.
- To make the curling process tangle-free brush your hair properly.
- Now curl a layer of the hair. By using a curling iron, roll the layer, and hold it in the same position for 35 seconds.
- Repeat the same process for curling other layers. This will give you beautiful curls.
- If you want your curls to stay for a longer period of time, then do spray styling gel.
This season says goodbye to your tedious hairstyle and gets the beautiful striking curls that you always desired. It will make you look stunning and startling. But make sure you follow the above steps carefully and cautiously so that nice curls can be formed. Get ready to flaunt your cool new look!