Do you know that the green, globular bitter-tart amla is a storehouse of many important nutrients? Yes, the facts associated with amla may astonish you! It has an abundance of dietary fiber, Vitamin C, calcium, phosphorus, iron, carotene, Vitamin B complex, protein, carbohydrates and many more dietary supplements that make this wonder fruit and its juice an important food supplement.
Grown on a deciduous plant Phyllanthusemblica, amla, otherwise known as Indian Gooseberry, has significant medicinal value, which makes it an important constituent of many ayurvedic medicines. Daily intake of amla juice can cure many health issues and prevent many diseases.
It has significant antioxidant properties that enable it to fight a number of health issues and even cancer! Not only this, it boosts the immune system as well. Taking amla juice on a daily basis makes you healthy and keeps you away from health issues. Read on to know more about the benefits of amla juice.
Health Benefits Of Amla Juice
Benefits On Skin
- Amla juice has significant effects on the skin. It fights the microorganism in the skin and thereby, prevents skin infection and pimples.
- Concentrated amla juice is a very strong astringent that helps in tightening the skin pores and provides a healthy, young look. As it is a strong astringent, it is better to dilute it with clean water before use.
- Vitamin C and other antioxidants in amla juice speed-up the damaged tissue repair and make your skin healthy and clear. Also, it fights dry and scaly skin problems.
Benefits On Hair
- The nutrients present in amla juice can enhance the natural black color of your hair.
- Amla juice has an anti-bacterial and anti-fungal activity that helps in fighting dandruff and minor scalp itches and irritations. Also, it strengthens the roots of the hair and thus, works against hair loss.
- Amla juice is a bit acidic in nature, which helps wash away pollutants settled in hair and provides black, shiny, healthy hair.
- Amla juice contains an abundance of iron that nourishes the hair follicles and makes hair healthy.
Benefits On Heart
- The polyphenols present in the amla juice helps in reducing high blood pressure.
- Amla juice boosts the cardiac muscle (heart muscles), boosts effective blood circulation, and reduces the risk of a heart attack.
- Amla juice reduces low-density lipoprotein (LDL), otherwise known as bad cholesterol and thus, reduces cholesterol deposition on the inner wall of blood vessels, which in turn reduces the chances of thrombosis (blocks) in the coronary arteries.
Other Health Benefits
- Amla juice regulates bowel movements and helps cure constipation. Regular intake of amla juice helps rejuvenate and restore vitality.
- Ellagic acid, a type of tannin present in amla juice, is effective in fighting cancer-causing chemicals and aid in the death of cancer cells. Also, the abundance of antioxidants present in amla juice fights free radicals, which play a significant role in reducing cancer and chromosomal abjurations. Amla juice increases immunity.
- Amla juice has a significant therapeutic role in treating peptic ulcers and acidity.
- Amla juice is a natural anti-aging agent because of the presence of free radicals and other significant nutrients. Amla juice can fight nearsightedness and cataract as well. The iron content in the amla juice aids the red blood cell synthesis in the body.
- Taking amla juice in summer helps keep your body cool.
- Amla is a very good anti-hepatic, antioxidant, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-inflammatory, anti-mutagenic, anti-histaminic, nematicidal, anabolic, yeast inhibiting, anti-hyperhidrosis, anti-spasmodic, hypolipidemic, and hypotensive relieving properties.
- Research has found that amla juice if taken as a dietary supplement on a regular basis can help fight against the toxic effects of environmental heavy metals like lead, aluminum, and nickel.
- If taken on an empty stomach, it helps in treating indigestion problems. The laxative effect of the amla juice helps clear the colon (a part of the human intestine). It is a good fat burner too and helps reduce weight.
- A few drops of amla juice can effectively cure nose bleeding.
- Daily intake of amla juice strengthens teeth and prevents bad breath.
- Amla juice mixed with bitter gourd is a potential liver cleanser. Also, it reduces blood sugar and thus, forms a good diet for diabetes patients. Gallic acid, another anti-oxidant tannin present in amla juice, is also effective in controlling diabetes.
- Amla juice is effective in treating respiratory illness.
- Amla, being able to fight the free radicals in the body, can be used effectively to reduce the harmful effect of cigarette smoking.
- The abundance of Vitamin C enhances the synthesis of collagen in the body. Collagen is an essential constituent of many important body structures like blood vessels, tendons, ligaments, and bones. Vitamin C aids the synthesis of norepinephrine, a neurotransmitter that helps maintain brain function and mood.
- Amla juice contains superoxide dismutase (SOD), which is an important enzyme that fights free radicals. Also, it plays a significant role in fighting arthritis, prostate problems, corneal ulcers, and inflammatory bowel disease as well as fortify the body against oxidative stress.
This article is for informational purposes only. It should not be taken as medical advice.