Everybody dreams of having soft, supple, and glamorous skin but not many can lay a claim to this. Many people think that healthy and glowing skin comes with genes. What they don’t realize is that the beauty of your skin comes only with proper care and maintenance.
Yes, dead skin cells, blocked pores, and tanning can make the skin look lackluster. Then there are other problems like cellulite and rough areas like the elbows, knees, and heels. The solution to all these problems is scrubbing. Using a body scrub keeps the skin free from dead cells.
This helps the skin to ‘breathe’, keeping it regenerated and fresh. However, when it comes to choosing the right scrubs, despite plenty of commercial choices, it is always better to go for homemade recipes. It is very easy to make scrubs at home and you don’t need many ingredients or much time either. Given below are a few recipes that you can try out.
- 1 small bowl White Cane Sugar
- 1 small bowl Vegetable Glycerin
- 2 tbsp Aloe Vera Gel
- 2 Vitamin C crystals
- 2 drops of any Essential Oil
- 1 tsp Hibiscus powder (optional)
- Take all the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and mix.
- Take a little bit of the scrub in your hand and gently massage your skin for a minute.
- Allow the scrub to set on the skin for 3 to 4 minutes and then rinse. You can store the remaining scrub in the refrigerator; it will stay good for about 4 weeks.
- 2 cups ground Coffee
- 1/2 cup raw Sugar or Sea Salt
- 2/3 tbsp any massage Oil
- Take all the ingredients in a bowl and mix them thoroughly. If you want to store the scrub for later use then simply double the ingredients of the recipe.
- Apply the scrub on wet, or damp, skin and rub it in a circular motion. This will make it easier for the skin to absorb the caffeine.
- The coffee scrub is very effective in eliminating cellulite and varicose veins.
- You can also add a few more ingredients to make the scrub more effective.
- Brown sugar has a very coarse texture that will rejuvenate your skin. It also has a sweet smell.
- If you need a stronger scent then add a dash of cinnamon.
- Vanilla extract will make the scrub more soothing to the skin as it thins out the scrub a bit.
- You can also add any perfume oil to the scrub. They come in many different aromas and have a strong smell. Also, be cautious when using perfume oils as they may be too strong for sensitive skin.
- Check if you are allergic to the ingredient that you are planning on using.
- 1/4 cup coarse Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Grapeseed Oil
- 1/4 cup grated Lemon Peel
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and gently rub the scrub on your entire body. You should particularly use this scrub on your elbows, knees, and heels.
- Leave the scrub to set for a few minutes and then rinse.
- The brown sugar exfoliates without drying while the grapeseed oil moisturizes the skin. The fresh smell of lemon peel will make you feel refreshing along with invigorating your senses.
Body Scrub for Summer
- 2/3 cup ground Nuts or Seeds
- 1/3 cup Oatmeal, Brown Rice Flour, or Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 to 1 tsp of any herb
- Water, Yogurt, Milk, or Aloe Vera gel to form a paste.
- In a bowl, mix the nuts or seeds with the oatmeal, rice flour, or wheat flour. Then mix in the herbs. Store it in an airtight jar.
- To use the scrub, take some of the powder in a small bowl and add just enough of any liquid to form a paste, and then rub it over your entire body.
Banana-Sugar Body Scrub
- 1 ripe Banana
- 3 tbsp granulated Sugar
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- In a bowl, mash the banana with a fork. Add the sugar and vanilla extract and mix.
- Before taking a shower, apply the scrub over your entire body. Leave the scrub on for a few minutes and then take the shower.
Moisturizing Body Scrub
- 3 tbsp Baby Oil
- 1 tbsp Yogurt
- 1 tbsp granulated White Sugar
- Mix all the ingredients and lightly massage the mixture over the entire body. Then rinse off with warm water.
- 8 tbsp Oatmeal
- 8 tbsp Bran
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tsp Milk
- Mix oatmeal, bran, and sea salt. Add milk to form a paste.
- Massage the entire body with this scrub and rinse off with warm water.
- 1 cup plain Yogurt
- 3 sprigs fresh Peppermint
- 2 sprigs fresh Spearmint
- 1 cup ground Rice
- 1 drop Peppermint Essential Oil
- Take the yogurt, peppermint, and spearmint in a blender and blend for a few minutes.
- Put it in a refrigerator for 24 hours. After that, add the rice to the yogurt and mint and then scrub your body with it especially the rough areas. Rinse off with lukewarm water.
- 3 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Oil or Extract
- Olive oil as required
- In a bowl, mix the cocoa powder, brown sugar, and vanilla oil. Then gradually start adding the olive oil until the mixture forms a paste.
- Moisten the skin and apply the paste using your fingers. After 5 minutes rinse off with warm water
You don’t need to make an extra expense for readymade scrubs if you can make the same thing at home and by just using the ingredients from the kitchen. What’s more, homemade scrubs can also make for excellent gifts. Pack them in attractive jars with colorful packages and you can gift them to your friends and relatives.