Agreed that, following the ever-polluted environment and unhealthy eating habits of today, the skin of the majority of people may appear to be draught struck; but flawless skin isn’t something from the legendary tales of the yesteryears. It exists even today! Although getting to it may take some time and effort, it isn’t unachievable.
Considering what may be running in the minds of most of the readers; let us tell you that cosmetics will only go as far as providing a jumpstart, a jumpstart that will soon stop itself and will cause reverse damage if not backed by what the body primarily needs.
A balanced diet, enough water, adequate sleep, and regular exercise are what will take this jumpstart further on the track leading to the destination of flawless skin. Below have been mentioned some tips that will help you get flawless skin. Go through them and if you stick to them for long, there’ll be no stopping you.
How to Get Flawless Skin?
- The first step towards getting flawless skin is to determine your skin type: normal, oily, dry, flaky, sensitive, or a combination of either. Based on what skin type you have, you would have to select the right type of skincare product.
- The next step is to buy a cleanser, toner, moisturizer, and scrubs, based on your skin type. Be sure to go for products with the least chemicals by going through the ingredients mentioned on the back of each.
- It’s important that you wash your face at least twice a day with a mild cleanser. Do not rub it harshly on your skin. Gently wash your face using it and break away the dirt, grime, and dust layer of the skin.
- It’s the moisture that keeps your skin from looking all roughed up and aged. Applying moisturizers after every cleaning is another step towards getting flawless skin. However, if you have oily skin; avoid too much moisturizing as it can clog up the pores and lead to more acne and pimples.
- Cosmetics, although enhance the radiance of the skin, if overused, can cause much damage to the skin than good. Try to minimize their usage and use cotton dabbed in olive oil to take off the makeup or cosmetics every night before going to sleep.
- Doesn’t matter what skin type you have; drinking plenty of water keeps your skin hydrated from inside and avoids breakage. For the same, you need to drink at least 8 glasses of water every day and maintain a regular intake of fruit juices and herbal teas in your system.
- Never go out without wearing sunblock. The UV rays emitted by the sun cause intense damage to the skin. Choose your SPF level based on how much time you’re going to be out in the sun. Apply all over your face, neck, arms, or other open areas of the body. However, the best would be to avoid going in the sun as much as possible unless absolutely necessary.
- A balanced diet is absolutely essential in taking your skin to the flawless level and keeping it there. All the food groups: fruits, vegetables, seeds, nuts, dairy, lean meat, whole grains, and cereals, taken in balanced quantities comprise a balanced diet.
- Avoid consuming, as much as you can, junk foods (oily and fried), aerated drinks, alcohol, cigarettes, illegal drugs, and too much caffeine. All these promote skin problems on a large scale and also deteriorate health.
- Exercising helps in detoxifying the body and also promotes healthy metabolism of the body, which in turn leads to healthy-looking skin. 30-45 minutes of exercising 4-5 times a week will help you with it.
- Stress can have negative effects on the skin: dark circles under the eyes and an overall dull-looking face. To prevent this from happening, always try to get a good night’s sleep of at least 7 hours. Also, indulge yourself in stress relief activities like meditation, yoga, or aerobics.
- If pimples and acne are recurring or you have any other skin disorder; visit a good dermatologist and get your condition diagnosed. Stick to whatever treatment is prescribed to you.
To sum it up, it’s healthy skincare plus a healthy lifestyle that will bless you with the flawless skin that you’ve always been dreaming of. Don’t stop now, take these tips to heart!