Do you also like to be called “moon without scars!” by your loved ones? You are exceptionally beautiful, but the scars on your face have become a curse for you. These are the marks left behind by acne. Not only women, but this ailment plagues men too!
Acne may appear on the face, back, neck, and chest. But how does it form? Well, there are many reasons for its formation, such as hormones, genes, eating habits, environmental changes, etc. Whatever the reason is, eventually the result is clogging of skin pores with oil, and then this oil bursts out as acne.
Acne stays on for one week and leaves the scars behind. Is there any remedy to it? Well, acne scars can be treated with natural as well as artificial methods. Probably, you have heard your grandmother telling the natural remedies to you. Natural healing normally takes a good amount of time for lightening the scars, but it has no side effects. No doubt artificial methods are quick and effective, but they do have some side effects. Let us discuss the natural methods first.
Natural Acne Scar Remedies
- Lemon: Lemon juice is enriched with vitamin C. It reduces the appearance of dark acne spots and lightens them. Squeeze out lemon juice in a bowl. Soak a cotton ball in it and apply it directly to the scars. Let it dry for 10 minutes and then wash it off. You will start getting results in one week.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera behaves as an antiseptic on your skin. It gives the best results when used in its natural form. Take out a bunch of aloe vera plants, scrape off its outer skin and collect the gel in a bowl. Now, apply this gel to the scars. Keep on rubbing the gel on the scar, till it dries. Apply it for one month.
- Sandalwood and Rose Water: Sandalwood gives a soothing and cooling effect on your skin, which helps in the lightening of acne scars. Take two tablespoons of rose water and add rosewater into it to prepare a thick paste. Apply the paste on your skin and let it dry for one hour. Then wash it off with water. It will give you better results when applied overnight.
- Cucumber: Cucumber also gives a soothing and cooling effect on the skin and calms down inflammation. It also tightens the skin pores. So, how can you apply cucumber to your face? Oh! It’s very easy to apply. All you need to do is squeeze out the juice of cucumber and apply it to your scars. Let it dry for 15 minutes and then wash your face. Repeat this process for one month and notice a change.
- Tea tree oil: Tea tree oil treatment is the most reliable and effective one. Tea tree acts as an antiseptic as well as a cleanser. It soaks the extra oil from your skin, leaving it fresh and oil-free. People prefer to use it while taking a morning bath as it helps them in cleansing their skin every morning. You can also go for a skin massage with tea tree oil to lighten the scars.
- Ice cubes: It is one of the cheapest and effective methods of acne treatment. Ice cubes cool down the irritation effect and shrink the size of pores. Just take an ice cube and rub it on your skin for 15 minutes. Do it 3 to 4 times a day.
- Tomatoes: The presence of Vitamin A in tomatoes makes it an anti-oxidant. It reduces the formation of sebum (oily matter present in skin) on the skin, thus, repairing the scarred portions of the skin. So, how can we apply tomato to our skin? Cut thin slices of tomato and apply it on your face. Wash your face after 15 minutes.
Acne Scar Treatment
- Laser Treatment: People go for laser treatment when they face severe acne problems. Laser treatment involves heating and removal of the upper layer of skin that has scars on it. It is the most effective and quick method of scars removal. However, not everyone can afford it because of its high cost.
- Microdermabrasion: In this technique, rough grains are scrubbed on the skin to buff away the upper layers of skin. It is one of the simplest methods practiced in salons. People either massage with their hand movements or with the help of a scrubbing machine. However, this technique doesn’t require a dermatologist, but someone who is experienced and can guarantee success.
The list provided here contains the best and chosen methods for acne scar remedies. There are methods that suit every budget. So, now, you need to consider your budget and chose the one that suits you.