Long, brandishing, and lustrous black hair has been one of the pivotal ornaments of women, especially of the orient. The literature is rife with anecdotes of princess and queens who bewitched many royalties and great warriors with their slick, exquisite black hair. A plethora of hymns of praise has been created in their honor by the great ballads of the yore.
However, like all great things, lavish and lustrous black hair comes with baggage. If you are bestowed with such an elegant ornament, then you have to pay the price and the price is the effort, which it entails in its care and maintenance. However, the task may not be as daunting as it may seem. There are certain prerequisites, which must be fulfilled if you don’t want to squander the lofty gift you possess. There are certain daily or weekly regimens, which you must follow in order to protect your black hair. Read this article to learn some of the most efficacious black hair care tips.
How To Care For Black Hair
- Massage your scalp with oil as often as possible, better if you do it on a daily basis. Massaging makes your scalp get tickled, which in turn ensures better blood circulation and the oil helps to get rid of the dryness of your hair.
- Regular shampooing is strictly prohibited as it sucks up all the necessary oils from the hairs and hence, is extremely deleterious to your black hair’s health. However, the permissible limit of shampooing is thrice in a week. Better choose a shampoo that adds natural oils and has low pH levels. Avoid hair products that contain alcohol, which dries out hair. To ensure the quality of the shampoo opts for branded products.
- Avoid using a 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner; buy a different shampoo and a different conditioner, as 2 in 1’s aren’t suited as well for dry hair.
- Never rub your hair for drying as it may cause your hair to tangle. which in turn will lead to hair breakage. Instead, go for a hairdryer.
- Comb your hair on a daily basis as it increases the blood circulation through the scalp and also spreads the natural oils.
- It is suggested that you must use a wide-toothed comb to comb your hair. If your hair is moist, it slides along very easily. However, a leave-in conditioner also makes it easy to comb your hair. Do not comb when it is too wet, as it might cause severe hair breakage.
- One of the finest ingredients for the health of your black hair is lime. It is highly recommended that you wash your hair in lime juice thrice a week. Apply and massage your scalp with the juice for 5-8 minutes so that it reaches the roots of the hair, keep it for ten minutes, and then shampoo it off.
- One more extremely beneficial ingredient for your hair is curd. Apply curd on the scalp and leave it for ten to twelve minutes, then wash it with a mild shampoo. It nourishes and conditions your hair.
- Apply henna at least once a week. Mix the henna powder in water and keep overnight, most preferably in an iron vessel. The next day, apply it to the hair so that it touches the roots. Keep it for 30-40 minutes so that it gets dried up completely. Wash it with cold water. You can also mix curd in the henna if you have dandruff problems.
- Guzzle gallons of water as it not only helps drain the toxins out of the system but ameliorates the functioning of all the organs in the body. Water also provides the most essential moisture, which helps in maintaining the natural color of your hair. Make sure to include all the vitamins, minerals, and nutrients, which are essential for hair growth and provide nourishment to your hair.
- While combing, if you come across a knotty tangle in your hair, stop and use your fingers to loosen it up and then resume combing. Do not push too hard through the tangle with your comb.
- Your hair may break when they get trapped under your pillowcase while you are asleep. To prevent this, use a satin or silk pillowcase so that your hair slides along your pillowcase without being trapped under it. However, you can also opt for silk or satin scarf over your hair instead of a pillowcase to prevent breakage.
- It is also essential that you make a shrewd choice regarding hair relaxers. If your relaxer is highly acidic then it might bring upon much harm. That’s why it’s necessary to proceed with caution, and always keep an eye on the effects of relaxer or any other hair care product, which you use.
The above-mentioned tips are some of the most effective and most natural ways to take good care of your hair. But these also necessitate certain effort and some sacrifices to be made on your part. Read the above-written article carefully and do as suggested and keep flaunting your hair.